Wednesday, September 01, 2010

244/365 /// Week 35 of 52

34 weeks today

Not much longer now. It's funny how I didn't really document myself when I was pregnant with Kenzie. It wasn't really until close to the end of that pregnancy that I even looked pregnant. This time around, I definitely started showing earlier, which is common in second pregnancies. I also have gestational diabetes, that's most likely another reason, since g.d. babies tend to be bigger because they take all of mamma's nutrients. This time around I'm not experiencing some of the things I had from the first pregnancy...itchy feet which drove me crazy for months, and swollen feet. I'm definitely able to get my feet up more often now that I don't work, so that probably helps too. I'm hoping I can avoid the swelling for as long as possible, but I know it's bound to hit probably any day now. As much as it's kind of nice being pregnant, I will be really happy to be done.

I cannot believe today is already September 1st. This summer has been so hot and humid that I've done a lot of staying indoors, which unfortunately made it feel like the summer just flew by. I don't normally look foward to cold weather, but I do look forward to the cooler fall temperatures. I'm tired of this heat and all the sweat it brings with it.

No comments: