Sunday, September 19, 2010

262/365


262/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
"In my life I love you more"

- the beatles, in my life -

6 years ago today, John and I danced our first dance as husband and wife to this song. We listen to a lot of music, so we never really had a "song". This just happened to be a song we both liked and decided to use it.

Today we celebrated our anniversary by having a pretty quiet afternoon (John watching the Bears game, I just cleaned a little and relaxed). In the evening, we went to dinner at Rosebud with Kenzie. We figured it might be our last nice family dinner out as just the three of us, so we took advantage of it. Kenzie was really silly and we joked that she was drunk on pasta because of how much she ate and how silly she acted. It was really cute. After dinner, we came home and watched some tv while trying to get Kenzie calm enough (and tired enough) to put in her bed.

This morning was also the first morning in weeks that we were able to sleep until 8:30. We joked that sleeping in was Kenzie's gift to us, since she has been coming into our room almost every morning around 6:30 and climbing in between us to "sleep". She doesn't really sleep, but moves all over the place waking us up. Sometimes she comes in earlier, and I end up having to move her back to her bed. Last night I decided to keep her door closed instead of cracking it open like I usually do. I don't think that had anything to do with her sleeping in though, since the house was so quiet and no one was awake. I think we were just lucky. I'm hoping she might sleep in again tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.

No comments: