Thursday, September 02, 2010

245/365


245/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
My parents used this cradle for a short time when I was a newborn, and then used it again for my youngest brother when he was a baby. It's been stored in my grandma's attic for years, but last week my grandma got it out, and my mom cleaned it up so that we can use it for the baby. When Kenzie saw it, she wanted to go in it, but we put a baby doll in it instead so that she can learn that it is for the baby...not her.

We have a pack'n'play with a changing table attachment that we used downstairs up until this past January when we decided to put it away and just get a changing table from Ikea that takes up less space, and has more room for changing a toddler's diapers. Instead of getting that out again, we are going to use the bassinet downstairs and use this cradle in our bedroom. The bassinet has wheels and is a little smaller, so it just fits downstairs much better than the pack'n'play or even this cradle. With any luck, we won't need to use this for very long. Kenzie was about 8 weeks old when we officially made the switch to the crib. She slept better with less distractions from daddy getting ready for work, and I got more rest too. I'm hoping things will go the same way with this baby, but you never really know.

* Ignore the dog bed sticking up from under the cradle. This is just the temporary location.

No comments: