Sunday, January 02, 2011

1/365:2


1/365:2
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
Here we go again...365 part 2.

I decided to do another year of photos, because I really enjoy being able to document things happening in and around my life. What better way to do that than to snap a photo and tell a little story? Of course, I don't put everything that has happened in my life out there for everyone to read, but I do try to summarize things or write about something important that may have happened. So here's to documenting 2011. As we ring in the new year, everyone seems to have high hopes for what is ahead. I feel like 2011 will be a good year.

I've never really been one to make New Year's resolutions, but this year I have decided to make goals for myself. Now that we are done having children, this year is going to be a good year to focus on raising our family and improving things in our life.

First, I am signed up to run my first 8k in April. Training for that will be key. I've never been a runner, nor have I ever really enjoyed it, but adding running to my life will hopefully keep me on track to losing weight and getting healthy. I'm already improving my endurance, and hopefully by April I will be able to run those 5 miles at a reasonable pace.

Second, I am breaking out of my comfort zone and have signed up for Derby Lite. It's been such a long time that I have done anything on my own without John or a good friend alongside. Derby Lite starts on Monday, and I am really looking forward to those 2 hours once a week to skate and exercise and focus on me. No time to worry about the family or what else is going on in my life. Plus, I'll hopefully meet new and interesting people, all while having fun skating and getting fit.

Third, now that the holidays are over I plan to get back into sewing baby booties and get my little handmade shop going again. My goal is to get one pair of booties made a week and get them up on Etsy. I have a feeling I might have a slow start just trying to balance that out with the time with the kids during the day, but it's something I enjoy and people seem to like them.

Fourth, have I mentioned that 2011 is about getting healthy? I don't have a specific goal in terms of the number on the scale, but being more fit and healthy is on the list for this year. Keeping up with exercise and eating better are key. Of course, we ate poorly today, but we'll get on track.

Fifth, a small goal, but an important one...getting Kenzie potty trained and deciding on the school situation. She turns 3 in July, so we'll need to have all that sorted out at some point.

I'm also going to do this 365 project again and another 52 weeks project. I know there are other things to accomplish this year, but those are the main things I have had on my list. This is going to be a year of change. Good and positive change.

No comments: