Thursday, January 06, 2011

6/365:2


6/365:2
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
This week has been an odd week. For some reason, I feel like I'm not getting that much accomplished in the day, even though I feel like I should be. I've been staying up too late, which leads to sleeping in longer than I should. Fortunately, Aubrey is a really good baby, and I can sleep until 9 a.m. most days. Kenzie is a pretty good sleeper too. Sometimes she wakes up and just plays in her room for awhile before she knocks on the door for me to open it. She has this doorknob cover on the inside of the door, and she just never figured out how to open the door when that is on there. John says she's in baby prison when I keep her in there, but I like the doorknob cover for a few reasons: 1) she can't come out of her room at 7:00 and wake up Aubrey, which is exactly what she does as soon as she is out of her room 2) she can't lock herself in her room accidentally, and 3) mama can sleep a little longer if Aubrey stays asleep and isn't bothered by her toddler sister. Once Kenzie is officially potty trained I'll have to make sure she can get to the bathroom, but since she is being stubborn about potty training I'm not that concerned about that right now.

Although I'm making time to make sure I get a workout in at least 4 days a week, I feel like I'm not getting much else done some days. I had wanted to try and get out and do some errands this week, but only managed to get out one day. I also wanted to try and finish working on some baby booties (part of the delay in what I started is because I have yet to get to the fabric store and get some things I need for them). I think it's the cold. I use it as an excuse to not leave the house. But it has been cold, and it has been a hassle trying to get out with two kids. Fortunately, I treated myself to a new stroller that can be a single or double and that finally arrives tomorrow. I'm hopeful that this will make my small trips out much easier.

No comments: