Friday, December 31, 2010

365/365 /// The end of 2010

"It's the end of the year
I have just settled here
It may not be much, but it's enough
Yet trouble has sprung from the pubs and the clubs
We'll see blood soon, when the night's through"

- gene, sleep well tonight -

Now for a brief 2010 recap:

January 2010 started off with a lot of frustration with a friend of mine, and ultimately resulted in a loss of our friendship by the start of February.

I did an alphabet photo series in February, and put a book together of all the photos. I intended to list it on blurb, but never really got around to it. I do have a copy though, and Kenzie loves to look at it.

By mid-February I found out I was pregnant, but we didn't reveal it to anyone but our family until the end of March. We found out in June that baby was going to be a girl.

Kenzie turned 2 in July. We had an Elmo themed party and I baked Elmo cupcakes. We bought her a daybed from West Elm as part of her birthday gift. We also moved the crib into the nursery in preparation of the arrival of Aubrey.

In August, we participated in the WTTW Fun & Run. Kenzie got to meet Elmo and despite the extremely hot weather and being 8 months pregnant, seeing how happy she was to meet Elmo made it all worthwhile.

In September, John and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary. We went to see Pavement at Pritzker Pavillion in Millennium Park to celebrate, and it was the last concert we went to before Aubrey was born.

Aubrey Elise was born October 5th, and it’s hard to believe she is already almost 3 months old.

Kenzie was a flower girl in two weddings this fall. Once for our friends’ wedding in October, and also for my youngest brother’s wedding in November.

About 4-6 weeks after Aubrey was born, I started running and doing resistance training again. In December, I signed up for Derby Lite, which starts in a couple of days. 2011 will be the year I get things back on track with my life. I have lots of goals, but I’ll write about those another time.

We also did some work around the house most of it in preparation for the new arrival. We had a new pation installed, had the big tree in our yard trimmed, repainted our office, and got the nursery in order.

This is not everything that happened in 2010, just the highlights...and mostly what I can remember as I put this together.

Happy New Year everyone! Hoping everyone has a safe and fun night!

No comments: