Wednesday, January 19, 2011

19/365 /// Week 3 of 52

I ordered some new running shoes over the weekend and they arrived on Monday. I finally tried them out today. Super lightweight and comfy, though I need to make sure I wear socks when I run...at least until I break them in. I managed to get a 3 mile run in, even though I could feel a blister forming about halfway through. I'm wearing these around the house now just to help break them in a little more. I had a decent pair of running shoes, but they didn't have enough cushion for my running style. I'm hoping these will be the magic shoes that help me want to keep running and running. I know it's unlikely, but worth trying, right? I only have a few more weeks before I bump my running from 3 miles to 3.50, so I hope these shoes will help me with my training for the 8k in April. I know an 8k might not be a lot for you runners out there, but I'm not a runner at all, and this will be a big challenge for me. But also a great thing for me to accomplish.

No comments: