Tuesday, January 18, 2011

18/365:2


18/365:2
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
I made myself a sticker with my derby name when I got home last night so that I could put it on the back of my helmet. I like it. It's also much easier to read than the small sticker I had with my messy handwriting.

Derby last night was so much fun. Two gals from the Windy City Rollers taught our class (Rose Feratu and Pominatrix). We learned how to do crossovers, swizzle, and duck walk to run/skate. We also practiced our plough stops and t-stops, and did a couple of relay races. After about 90 minutes of skating, we did some good strength training moves off skate that should help with some of the moves on skates. I think I'll be adding these moves to my regular workouts to help strengthen my legs and core. They're hard to do, but definitely worth it.

No comments: