Sunday, January 16, 2011

16/365:2


16/365:2
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
pillow friends
...
My parents stopped by today to see the girls. They haven't seen the kids since Christmas. Kenzie got a giant stuffed owl. It was supposed to be part of her Christmas gift, but it didn't arrive on time. She sat on it a few times like it was a bean bag chair, which was pretty cute. Then she lined up some of her toys on the bench. The Eeyore that you see in the photo is one of her most loved toys. He has been through the wash several times, but as you can see he is looking pretty shabby again. This one was a gift from someone else, but awhile back I had asked my mom that if she ever saw it to get it so we had an extra. She did find one, and I had put him away in a closet so that he could be a backup if this one was ever lost. Tonight when Kenzie was going to bed she was asking for Eeyore. She knew he was downstairs. But I knew I had a nice, new clean one in the closet. I figured it was time to go ahead and get him out. When I showed him to her, the look on her face was priceless. She was so excited to see him all clean, with his hair sticking up the way it was supposed to (before going through the wash numberous times). She was so happy. I know I am not going to be able to throw this old one away yet, but at least now she has a nice, clean one and she seems really happy about it.

No comments: