Tuesday, August 31, 2010

242/365


242/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
I went out to see my mom and grandparents yesterday, since I figured it was hard on everyone after the passing of one of the family dogs last Thursday. It had also been awhile since my grandparents have seen Kenzie...the last time being on her birthday back in July. While I was out there, my mom and I did a little shopping and after my dad came home we were out on the deck enjoying the weather. Kenzie really wanted to go outside and run around. She found a watering can and started walking all around the yard pretending to water the flowers. She was very proud of herself.

It was strange going to my parent's house and not being greeted by Beau at the back door. He was always the first dog to meet you at the door, while Rocky would stand back and just let Beau greet everyone. Rocky was always the more standoff-ish dog, but he definitely seemed a little more lost without his brother. When my mom and I came home from shopping, he was looking out the window at us, and I think maybe he was hoping we went to get Beau. Sadly, we didn't.

The last time I saw Beau was when we were out at my parents house in early July for grandma's birthday. I always would make a point in saying goodbye to the dogs before we left to head back home, but for some reason that time I didn't do it. I don't know why. I think it was the first time in all the years I have been away from home that I didn't say goodbye. I never even thought that the next time I went to visit, one of them would be gone.

No comments: