Thursday, August 26, 2010

238/365 /// Week 34 of 52

"Sing me to sleep
Sing me to sleep
And then leave me alone
Don't try to wake me in the morning
'Cause I will be gone
Don't feel bad for me
I want you to know
Deep in the cell of my heart
I will feel so glad to go

There is a better world
Well, there must be "

- the smiths, asleep -

I attended a wake this evening for a man who was my supervisor at my last job. I left that job to be a stay-at-home mom, but had worked at the property for nearly 8 years before leaving. I still see my former boss, and we do lunch or get together whenever we can. Just last week we met for lunch and she told me the news that he (her boss) was in intensive care and on life support after becoming ill on vacation. A couple of days later I received the news that he passed away. I hadn't seen him since June of 2008, but he was a wonderful person and such a great person to work with.

This evening just after 9:30 p.m. I found out that my parents had to put down our dog Beau. More details about him are on the previous photo in my flickr stream. Needless to say, this evening has been full of tears.

No comments: