Saturday, May 22, 2010

142/365


142/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
We headed out to do a little shopping today. John needed to get new jeans, so we headed into the Loop so he could do a little shopping. After shopping we walked through the new Block 37 building and discovered all the new shops that are open (or opening soon). It's been awhile since I've been over in that area. Last fall I was there with my parents, but the shops weren't there yet. There's quite a bit there now and lots more opening. And it's right off the Blue and Red line stops which is great. Of course, if only the Washington Blue line stop was handicap accessible it would be even more convenient. As it is there is no way I will be hauling a stroller up or down the stairs just to avoid walking an extra couple blocks to get there.

After shopping, we stopped for lunch at Elephant and Castle then decided to walk through Millenium Park. On our way, we came across the Puppet Bike. I saw this last fall with Kenzie, and she loved it. So we watched for a few minutes. I dug a $1 out of my bag and John took Kenzie up to the "stage" so she could put the dollar in the box. She loved that the lion came out right afterwards for her. She was jumping up and down and dancing to the music. The people watching the puppet show were laughing at how cute Kenzie was. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera, so all I got was this cell phone shot....and of course right after this I couldn't snap any others since my memory card was full. Oh well, I need to clear it out once in awhile I guess.

No comments: