Tuesday, October 26, 2010

299/365


299/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
I heard Kenzie playing with her blocks this morning, and talking about trains. When I went in her room a little later, she had these all lined up. I guess this was the train she was talking about.

Today Aubrey turned 3 weeks old. It's hard to believe it's already been 3 weeks since she was born. She seems so different already from when she was born.

We've been adjusting well in the last few weeks, and today was the first day where I managed to get both Kenzie and Aubrey down for naps at around the same time. It was nice being able to get laundry done while they were both sleeping. I've taken to carrying Aubrey around in a carrier if necessary, but it's still hard to get simple things like dishes and laundry done when I have her in front of me. On Sunday, we brought the baby swing up from the basement and have started using it when we're downstairs. It has a soothing vibrations feature on it like the little bouncy chair we have upstairs, and she seems to prefer being in the swing over being in the bassinet, especially if she's awake. The only problem with the swing is that Kenzie wants to push her little sister, but she has a habit of pushing it and making it go too fast. So I can't leave Aubrey unattended in the swing if Kenzie is in the room...at least not if Kenzie isn't distracted by the tv or one of her toys. If I do leave her in the room, while I do dishes or something, I just have to constantly check that Kenzie is leaving her alone, which is rarely the case.

No comments: