Friday, October 22, 2010

295/365


295/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
Today I baked my first apple pie. We pick up fruits and veggies once a week as part of a produce share through the Green Grocer. Among the items we've been picking up, we have had a lot of apples. So many that I decided I needed to bake them into a pie. So I tried my hand at baking a Pennsylvania Dutch Apple Pie. I haven't tasted it yet, since we are going to just take it with to my parents house this weekend. My grandparents haven't met Aubrey yet, so we will head to my hometown so they can meet her. And hopefully my pie will taste ok. My grandma bakes a lot of pies, so if she likes it, then I guess it will pass the test. I may not like to cook, but I do like baking as long as I have the time. Even if this pie didn't turn out well, at least the house smells good.

No comments: