Monday, October 25, 2010

298/365 /// 21/365


298/365 /// 21/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
Day 21

It was another nice day in Chicago. Tomorrow might be a different story with big storms headed this way. So we took advantage of yet another good day and went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was a relatively good walk until we were almost home. The condo building at the corner of my street (which ironically we used to live at) has a little fenced in yard in front of one of the entrances to the building. I was just minding my own business and strolling home pushing Kenzie in the stroller, carrying Aubrey in the baby carrier, and with the dog on leash in my right hand. To my left I hear a girl yelling at her dog to stay. In the fenced in yard are two dogs, one which was some sort of small terrier type dog that was barking and running towards us. The dog completely ignores its owner and instead climbs through the fence and runs at my dog barking and biting at Zoe. Zoe barks and is getting angry with the little dog, which she has all right to be mad since this little dog is biting at her. Here I am standing at the corner trying to hold my dog's collar, leash and harness to keep her controlled and to avoid her biting the little dog. It probably only lasted a minute, but it felt like forever before the owner finally came out of her yard to get her dog. When she finally did, she hurried back towards the yard. She did ask if I was ok. I replied with something like "Yeah, I'm fine, but I have a 3 week old baby here, keep your dog in your yard." Of course, I was pretty angry and I'm sure there was some tone to my reply. I think she was shocked I said anything, because she looked at me with this look of shock. Maybe she didn't realize I had an infant in a carrier in front of me, but I would have said more to her if I wasn't so annoyed and caught off guard with what had just happened. My nice afternoon walk ended up being really aggravating. I think what was more frustrating was that her dog clearly fit through the fence and she apparently also knew that her dog doesn't like other dogs because she was yelling at it before we even noticed it was there. It was also annoying because she had a leash in her hand, so had she just kept her dog on leash, all of this could have been avoided. Since I walk past this building just about everyday, I'm really hoping that this does not become a regular occurance.

No comments: