Sunday, December 19, 2010

353/365


353/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
John bought me derby skates for Christmas. The package arrived a few days ago, and I knew exactly what it was since they were shipped from Riedell and came in a box with their logo. Pretty obvious. Despite that, I was going to wait until Christmas to open it. Until I decided that I do indeed want to sign up for Derby Lite for the winter session. So I needed to make sure they fit...and to practice skating in them. They are a perfect fit. I was shaky on them when I first put them on, but now I'm definitely getting more comfortable in them. I figure if I wear them around the house for at least 10 minutes for the next 2 weeks, I should be good and ready for the class when it starts. At least I hope so. Of course, I can't really pick up speed around the house, but just the idea of being able to skate around and not feel shaky and unstable is a good start. Rollerskating is kind of like riding a bike...I might not have done it in a long time, but once the skates are on it all comes back.

No comments: