Tuesday, December 14, 2010

348/365


348/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
Well, my time can only get better. My pace was just over a 13.50 minute mile. I think to be exact, it was 13.75 or something like that. I'm aiming to run in the Shamrock Shuffle this year, which is an 8k run (5 miles). I've never been a runner, as I know I've mentioned before, but I'm really finding that the results from running are great. That darn number on the scale may not have really changed yet, but I feel stronger, and I think I'm toning up more. 2 months ago, I would not have been able to do 2 and a half miles in 35 minutes. My average was 2 miles in 30 minutes before. I'm slowly working to be able to do 3 miles in 30 minutes. And I know I can do that if I run the entire time. Right now, I'm still alternating running with walking, but the key is that I'm improving. By January, I plan to get up to 3 miles of walking and running, so that by April I can do 5 miles without any problem. Hopefully by then, most of those 5 miles will be ran rather than walked.

No comments: