Sunday, March 21, 2010

80/365


80/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
This morning my husband ran in the Chicago Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8k. He ran it two years ago, and was signed up last year but due to weather the group that he was going to run with all cancelled. This year, they made sure they all ran. It was really cold and rain/snow all day yesterday, so we had no idea what it would be like this morning. It was cold, but at least the weather conditions were not like they were yesterday. So he ran with a couple of friends, and they made it to the end. He finished in just over 52 minutes, which wasn't too bad considering the weather, and that he didn't train at all. I think he ran 2 miles on the treadmill at home maybe 3 times. He does walk to work though, so that probably helped. I considered signing up, but I am so glad I didn't since I woke up feeling pressure in my head and had a headache most of the day. I also knew a 5 mile run would be pushing it for me. Maybe next year, I'll be ready for that.

No comments: