Monday, March 01, 2010

59/365 & 58/365


59/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three

I was too tired to upload my photos from yesterday, so finally got around to it today. We went out to the suburbs to visit the in-laws for most of the day. Kenzie had a lot of fun playing with her cousin Eric who is 2 years older than her. They played well together most of the day. It's nice watching her play with other kids, and I think she learns a lot from doing so.

58/365 Z is for Zipper

"And I'm not the kind that likes to tell you
Just what you want me to
You're not the kind that needs to tell me
About the birds and the bees"

- new order, age of consent -

Z is for Zipper

For my alphabet series.

Finally, the last day of my alphabet series. Phew. It was hard finding things around the house that matched the letter I was on, but I did it. yay! I have been compiling these pictures into a book that I may offer through Blurb. Haven't completely decided yet. I know I will definitely get one my daughter. I'll post info if I make it public.

My parents are in Florida for the week. They haven't gone on a proper vacation for years, so they headed south yesterday. They drove, and stayed in Georgia overnight, then headed on toward St. Augustine today where my mom is reuniting with her cousin who she hasn't seen in probably over 30 years. On their way back home they will stop off in Savannah, GA for a couple of days.

My parents vacation got me thinking about wanting to take a vacation somewhere, but we always feel limited since we have to arrange for someone to take care of the dog. Last vacation we went on was in Spring 2007 and that was our trip to Paris and London for my 30th birthday. Before that was our honeymoon in California in 2004. And before that we went to Ireland in January 2003. We've taken little trips to St. Louis a couple of times back when we were playing in our band, but we haven't really gone anywhere else. We're in much need of a vacation, and back in the fall I started planning a trip to Amsterdam, but some things changed and now we're talking about aiming for just a long weekend somewhere. If we had planned the trip to Amsterdam, we would have planned to go in March. So I'm a little bummed about not having officially made the plans, but it's ok. I think I'm just thinking about getting away because I'm so tired of this Chicago winter, and I'm ready for Spring and warmer weather!

No comments: