Wednesday, July 28, 2010

209/365 /// Week 30 of 52

"In the summer all the lights would shine
there'd be music playin'
people laughin' all the time"

- the national, mansion on the hill -

I went to the Container Store to see what they had for shoe and toy organization. I'm definitely in a nesting mode. I'm constantly trying to get things organized. I got some cute little, pink storage boxes with a cat face on the top that double as stools for little kids. We have a cheapy plastic table from Ikea for Kenzie to sit and play at, but the chairs we have are too tall. These little stools are just the right size, and I can store items inside them, not to mention they can be pushed all the way under the table completely out of the way when they aren't being used.

I ended up buying an over the door shoe rack that holds 36 pairs of shoes. I was hoping to use it to store all my flats and sandals. Unfortunately, our bedroom door does not have enough room behind it to even be able to open the door all the way. It can be mounted to a wall, and I think it will fit on the wall at the end of our closet and still give us room to install more shelves for additional storage. I was really hoping it would fit behind the door, so I could get all the shoes organized before John came home from work, but I am going to need his help getting this thing hung on the wall.

No comments: