Thursday, July 22, 2010

203/365


203/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
I'm playing catch up with my 365 tonight. A few weeks ago I had to go in for the routine glucose tolerance test to test for gestational diabetes during this pregnancy. I failed the one hour pretty miserably, so had to go back for the 3 hour test. I wasn't too shocked about this, since I had to do this for my first pregnancy. What shocked me was how badly I failed that one hour. So I tried to watch what I ate more closely, and then went back about a week later for the 3 hour test. Nothing more fun than sitting in a lab for 3 hours doing nothing but reading and waiting to get blood drawn. I did that this past Friday, and got a call on Monday that I failed 2 out of the 4 blood draws, and the other 2 were borderline, but since I failed the one hour I had to go and be admitted for a 24 hour stay at the hospital for diabetic management. Yesterday I went to Rush and was admitted for my 24 hour stay. Oddly all of my glucose test results were really good, and the nurses joked if I even needed to be there for this. Now I just have to watch my carb intake and test my glucose every morning and every 2 hours after my meals.

As for this photo....Kenzie's daybed finally arrived this morning. So far she loves it. Maybe I'll luck out and she'll sleep until at least 7:30 tomorrow morning.

No comments: