Friday, July 23, 2010

204/365


204/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
I ordered this dress about a week ago, and it arrived on Wednesday. (I know you can't see it...I didn't really feel like setting up the tripod.) When I got a chance to try it on yesterday, I knew it was going to need some modifications to make it work. It was really inexpensive to start with, so rather than return it, I figured I could alter it myself. The skirt part was really full and just too moo-moo-ish for my taste. I figured if I took it in several inches on each side it would work out just fine. It's still full, but not as full, and definitely not a moo-moo anymore. The bust needed a little modification too, since it just did not lay right. Lastly, the length was MUCH longer than pictured. It hit right at the widest part of my calf, and I thought it would hit more at the knee. So I cut 3 inches off the length and hemmed it, so now it hits right at mid-knee which is much more flatterning. After those few modifications, it looks so much better. So a few changes, and I was able to wear it on this really hot and humid day. And the bonus? This is not a maternity dress, but because of the style I can wear it now and later. I might take it in some more after the baby is born, but it might be just fine even without the baby bump.

No comments: