Saturday, July 10, 2010

191/365 | 2 year photoshoot

Tomorrow Kenzie turns 2, so today I decided to try and get some shots of her for her 2 year portrait. It is hard trying to get a very active toddler to do what you want. I set up a backdrop and everything, but she wanted to be everywhere but where I wanted her to be. Oh well, I did get some cute photos, and tomorrow hope to get some more in her party dress. Today she wore her Eiffel Tower top and pants that were a gift from our friends Nora and Mike. I had been saving it for her to wear around her birthday, because I knew I wanted to use it as part of the photoshoot.

Today was also a big day because Kenzie's big girl mattress was delivered. Since the husband is away for business next week, we moved the crib out of her room, to make room for her daybed which should hopefully be delivered while he is gone. It already shipped, just waiting now for the delivery company to call and schedule the actual delivery. She was upset and confused watching us take the crib apart (so we could get it through her door and into the nursery), but once she saw her mattress she was very excited. We tried to have her take a nap on the mattress, since there would be no chance of her getting hurt if she fell off, but she ended up finding too much freedom and opted to play with all her toys instead. So she ended up sleeping in the crib in the nursery. We just put her down for bed a little while ago on the mattress, and so far she has stayed in bed. Hopefully, she'll stay there the rest of the night. I guess we'll find out what happens. I'm hoping she gets enough rest to not be crabby for her birthday party tomorrow.

No comments: