Friday, March 18, 2011

77/365:2

77/365:2 by daisy plus three
77/365:2 a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

Shedd Aquarium
Chicago, IL

--

One of my friends has a membership to the Shedd Aquarium. Since she was off work today she asked if I wanted to take the girls. So we did. She stopped here first, then we headed over to the aquarium. Kenzie saw Lake Michigan as we walked toward the aquarium and kept calling it an ocean. I told her to go stand so I could take a picture of her in front of the "ocean". It was pretty cute.

She had a lot of fun looking at all the fish. We picked out a couple toys in the gift shop (members get a discount....yay!). Kenzie chose a little stuffed turtle, but I also chose a cute pink stuffed seal for her. I chose a pink penguin for Aubrey.

After the aquarium, we stopped for a late lunch at Panera Bread, then headed home. I hoped Kenzie would nap after all that walking around and fun earlier in the day, but I think she maybe only slept for about half an hour.

In the evening, we went to a potluck at one of John's co-workers homes. Kenzie had even more fun there, getting to play with the older girls. When it was time to go, John went to go find her. She was putting together puzzles with the older girls and told him "She was playing puzzles." When we got home, I carried her into the house and asked her if she had fun. She told me that "Kenzie had fun playing at the kids' house." Even though they were all older, the youngest maybe was 8 or 9, it was good for her to have interaction with people at least a little closer to her age.

No comments: