Thursday, February 04, 2010

35/365 | D is for Drum sticks

D is for Drum sticks

For my alphabet series.

For the first time in 4 months, I was able to freely go in my basement during the week and play my guitar. It felt really nice being able to do something that I love when I felt like it. Before the friend situation, my husband and I would go into the basement after the baby was asleep and play music together. Once we didn't have free access to our own basement, we ended up only being able to do that on the weekends. We would end up doing other stuff, or just not feel like playing music, so it usually was pushed aside. A few weeks ago I had commented to my husband that I missed being able to just go downstairs whenever we felt like it to work on songs. He agreed. You don't realize how much you miss something until you can't do it. Now that we have full access to our house again, I took advantage of it, and went downstairs to play my guitar. It had been far too long since I last played. A sure sign that is has been too long is when you forget how to play your own songs or songs that you had been playing regularly before. I might have been rusty, but I really enjoyed it. I think it's time the band starts back up. Well, the new band anyhow.

No comments: