Sunday, May 15, 2011

134/365:2

134/365:2 by daisy plus three
134/365:2, a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

after wanting to get kindle for awhile now, I finally got one. I debated between the Nook, an iPad, or a pc tablet. For what I wanted to use it for, the kindle was the best best. I really only want to use it for reading. I have a laptop, so if I really want to do more than reading in other parts of the house, I can just use my laptop. I already use my phone for checking e-mail and facebook throughout the day when I'm not near the computer. The Nook had me interested simply because it's in color, but the price was higher. An iPad, though it would be fun, would basically be like using a bigger version of my phone, and I'd basically be paying $500+ to read facebook and play 'words with friends'...oh yeah, and read books. Same with a tablet. The cheapest I saw was around $550. Sure I would have an entire computer at my fingertips, but again, I already have a laptop. And the tablet is heavier, and I'd be more worried about dropping it and having something happen to it. So for a much more reasonable price, I got the kindle. Because seriously, all I want to be able to do is read and buy books. I wanted something lightweight, and if one of the kids knocks it out of my hands, it will probably be more likely to survive than any of the other choices.

I really wish I didn't wait so long to buy this. It's so nice being able to click and buy a book and read it instantly. I'm already more than halfway through this book that I started last night. It helps that I can read while feeding Aubrey, and while having breakfast or lunch or dinner. So much easier to do with this than having to turn pages or keep a book propped open. I might become a reading addict like I was back before kids and when I was working.

No comments: