Monday, April 25, 2011

115/365:2

115/365:2 by daisy plus three
115/365:2, a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

"We expected something
Something better than before
We expected something more

Do you really think you can just put it in a safe behind a painting
Lock it up and leave?
Do you really think you can just put it in a safe behind a painting
Lock it up and leave?"

- the national, start a war -

Went to see The National open for the Arcade Fire tonight at the UIC Pavillion down the street from my house. I'm a much bigger National fan than I am of Arcade Fire. I have all the records from Arcade Fire, I just don't like them like a lot of other people do. I saw them at Lollapalooza years ago, and again when they played the Chicago Theatre back in 2007. Both times I wasn't really that blown away by them, and was actually at those shows for the other bands playing (Electrelane opened at Chicago Theatre and they were by far the better band that night, in my opinion). The National, again just my opinion, are stronger lyricists and better musicians. Their songs are raw and full of real emotion.

My husband summed it up best though with this comment on facebook after the show tonight: "The Arcade Fire are a shitstorm of mediocrity. The National were dark, poetic geniuses that have probably already made their best records. There, I said it."

And there, I re-posted it.

No comments: