Friday, April 22, 2011

112/365:2

112/365:2 by daisy plus three
112/365:2, a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

new skates
--
Riedell 265 boots with Powerdyne Revenge plates, gumball toe-stops and my Radar Flatout 88 wheels.

They feel very different from my R3's. Partly because they fit properly, but also because now that they fit properly the wheel base is shorter. I need to get used to that. I also now have aluminum plates which are heavier than the nylon. Once I get them broken in more I can already tell I am going to skate a million times better. I wore them for about 2 hours today, just skating around the house. The new toe-stops are pretty amazing too. I thought I couldn't walk on my toes, but I was wrong. I can do it with these. It's all about the nice big toe-stop AND proper fitting skates. I was so excited to pick these up today, but more excited to actually get to put them on and do some skating. Unfortunately, I'm missing practice on Monday, so I won't get a good chance to really skate in them unless I go to an open skate somewhere.

No comments: