Sunday, April 10, 2011

100/365:2

. by daisy plus three
., a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

Shamrock Shuffle 8k
Chicago, IL
pre-race
--
I ran my first race today. I got a stupid headcold on Thursday which made it really hard to run today since I could barely breathe. Not to mention it was 80+ degrees and slightly humid. Running + heat + me just do not go too well together.

I finished though...at 1 hour and 12 minutes (the cut off was an hour and fifteen!). I would have finished probably about 6 minutes faster had I not stopped off for a restroom break, but there was no way I could have continued running without stopping. And I wasn't the only one, which caused the slight delay.

John ran with me at the start, but I felt bad because I was slowing him down. He went on when I stopped for the toilet, and ended up finished in 58 minutes. So I really wasn't that far behind him.

It's been a long day, and I just want to get some rest now.

No comments: