Wednesday, June 02, 2010

152/365


152/365
Originally uploaded by daisy plus three
I've read quite a few Jodi Picoult books, possibly all of them. My mom usually buys them and then gives them to me to read. I started this one a few days ago. It's about a boy who has Asperger Syndrome and is ultimately arrested for a murder. It's interesting. I'm about halfway through, and have a feeling I know what really happened, but with most of Jodi Picoult's books, you can end up being surprised even if you think you know what happened.

The last book I read of hers was Handle With Care about a little girl with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease). I remember getting to the last chapter of that book and being so surprised at that ending that I just started crying. I even made my husband read it, and I could tell he was affected by it too. There was something about the way she writes that just really hits you sometimes. Not sure if this will have that same sort of ending, but I'm sure no matter what I'll be surprised.

No comments: