Thursday, June 30, 2011

180/365:2

180/365:2 by daisy plus three
180/365:2, a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

coffee is even better when it's in a cute mug. thanks, mom!
--
This morning was definitely a two coffee morning. I always try to drink enough water during and after derby practice, but it seems like the practices where I try to push myself harder (and sweat a lot, which is 100% of the time) I tend to wake up with a headache, despite taking ibuprofen before bed. I went through 64 ounces of water during practice and on my way home, and I had about 24 ounces after I got home. Not to mention about 32 ounces before practice. That's a lot of water, yet I still get what I think are headaches related to dehydration. I also try and have an after practice snack like Greek yogurt or something protein filled. I almost always feel better after having a good protein filled breakfast and coffee. That was definitely the case today. Not to mention the two cups of coffee too.

Practice was fun last night and on the plus side my feet weren't killing me like they were last week. We skated a lot and did three different pacelines. We did "10 minutes in hell" which is pretty much what it sounds like...1 minute of skating low, 1 minute of skating low and fast, and then 1 minute of variations of plank, and repeat. The skating I don't mind. The planks? While on skates mind you, not fun. We also did a speed test at the start of practice. Ideally we want to aim for 25 laps or more in 5 minutes. I managed to do almost 20 laps. If I pushed just three more strides, I would have had 20 laps exactly. There were quite a few of us skating, so it was hard to keep a constant fast pace without coming up behind someone slower that you had to get around, but it was great to get an idea of what I should try and work on.

No comments: