Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12/365

currently listening to:
archer prewitt, gerroa songs

I didn't plan on using another sp for my 365 photo, but I liked how this turned out, even if I was just testing out the diana lens.

On January 1st, I decided to teach myself to become a runner. I've never been one for long distance running, or running in general, but we acquired a treadmill, so I had no excuse not to try. I started at a run/walk with a 17-minute mile. After a week, I got up to just over a 15-minute mile, and today I managed just over a 14-minute mile. Not bad, considering I've only been at it for a little over a week. As much as I hated running when I was younger, I don't mind it so much now. I feel really good afterwards, and I think it's the boost my body needed. The husband wants me to sign up for the Shamrock Shuffle which is at the end of March and run with him , but I don't think I'm ready to run an 8k yet. Maybe next year.

No comments: