Friday, September 23, 2011

264/365:2

264/365:2 by daisy plus three
264/365:2, a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

repainted bathroom
--
Spent the day working on the downstairs bathroom. We went yesterday to get paint samples. I knew I wanted to paint either the same color as our upstairs bathroom or do a shade darker. I ended up choosing a color pretty similar to upstairs, but I liked how the sample looked the best. This morning I prepped the room, spackling holes and trying to smooth some rough areas of drywall. We had sponge painted the room originally because there were many sections of drywall that were not in very good shape when we moved in. I did my best to fix those spots and once everything was dry and sanded I started painting. The room is tiny, but the walls were so dry they were soaking up the paint. I ended up doing 3 coats on two of the walls (the other 2 walls took the paint much better). Tomorrow I'll get the rest of the things put back. I want to get a smaller shelf to hang on the wall opposite the sink and mirror. We have a large glass shelf that has been there for years, but something smaller will look better. We might paint the trim again, but that's all that's left to do in here.

No comments: