Tuesday, December 13, 2011

344/365:2

344/365:2 by daisy plus three
344/365:2, a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

I went to a jumping clinic last night for roller derby. It was a class called Leaping Lizards and was lead by Karmageddon of the Windy City Rollers. I went to this class over the summer and had a lot of fun. I'm not a great jumper on skates, but it's good to learn the technique. With practice, I can only get better. I was definitely better for the off skate portion than I was last time. On skate, I was a lot better too. At least with the two footed jumps. I only fell once, and it was a slow one knee drop, so not much of a fall. I still can't get the hang of the 180 turn around jump (ref jump), but I guess with time and practice it will happen. 90 degrees, got that, but not the full turn around. One footed jumps are still tricky, but at least I tried my best.

Overall, it was a fun class, and I'm glad I went. Saturday, I'll be going to another clinic with Flava Dave. It's his Stability class. I've heard good things about this class and have yet to attend, so I'm definitely not missing this one.

No comments: