Tuesday, August 02, 2011

212/365:2

212/365:2 by daisy plus three
212/365:2, a photo by daisy plus three on Flickr.

Just an overall frustrating day dealing with the terrible three's. First K decided to have a field day playing with water in the bathroom sink while I was feeding Aubrey. So there was water EVERYWHERE. Annoying. Then at the grocery store she kept running around and I was "that" mom who kept telling her kid to get over by the cart. At one point, while we were still in the produce section (not even 10 minutes after being at the store) she sat down on the bottom part of the cart under where Aubrey was sitting. Next thing I know I hear Aubrey cry, and I look and see that Kenzie bit her on the leg! A full set of teeth marks. Fortunately, she did not break the skin. But what the hell?? I was so mad. I wanted to just up and leave the store right then and there, but we needed food. I just did my best to get the rest of the stuff on my list so we could get out of there. The minute we got home, I took Kenzie up to her room and straight to bed. Talk about frustrating. Kenzie napped for awhile, and Aubrey seems fine, but I'm going to keep an eye on her leg to make sure it doesn't get infected. Good thing we have a doctor appointment this week anyway, I guess. The rest of the day went better, but there were still bouts of Kenzie being cranky and crabby and just overall whiny. Talk about wearing you down. It's only 10 p.m., but I am ready to get to bed. I have a feeling tomorrow will be another fun day.

And it's storming, so the dog is pacing the house. I have a feeling this will be a sleepless night if the storm doesn't move on soon.

No comments: